Is a Toaster Oven Actually Better Than a Traditional Toaster?
We don’t know about you but whatever chance we get to minimize appliances and the space they take up, we take it. When it comes to toasters and toaster ovens, the latter is more versatile. We’re going to break down the pros and cons of each to help you build a better understanding of these two kitchen appliances. Let’s get started.
What Is a Toaster?
A toaster is a kitchen appliance that is used to toast sliced bread. It delivers radiant heat and browns the bead so it becomes toast, making it a necessary and time-saving kitchen appliance, especially for breakfasts.
- It’s a quick way to toast your bread slices
- An average toaster easily lasts anywhere between 6 to 8 years
- You can purchase both two-slice toasters and four-slice toasters, depending upon the size of your family
- You can buy a toaster for as little as $10
- It’s a very small and popular kitchen appliance and is usually available in various shapes and colors
- Since it toasts the bread very quickly, it’s highly energy-efficient
- A toaster can be a dangerous appliance — it gets fairly hot and could leave a burn if you don’t know what you’re doing
- It’s not versatile and is mainly only used to toast bread
Toaster Oven — What’s the Difference?
A toaster oven is also known as a mini oven. While the name makes it sound like it’s an oven that toasts your bread, it is actually much more than that. You could make pita pizzas in it, cupcakes, cakes and more — even chicken, fries or fish. Toaster ovens have been around since the beginning of the 20th century. They’re equipped with a heating element on both the top and bottom of their interior.
- A small kitchen appliance that packs a punch
- Cleaning the interior of a toaster oven is fairly easy since it has a large door for access
- If you’re somebody who travels a lot, it’s a compact, portable and lightweight choice — also a great choice if you don’t have much counter space
- You get enough options to choose from – several makes, models and capacity options for toaster ovens out there
- A great option if you don’t have a budget for a full-size conventional oven
- Not the right choice if you’re looking to just toast your bread slices for breakfast
- The price of toaster ovens starts at around $25 and goes as high as $250, making them fairly expensive as compared to a traditional toaster
- It’s a noisy appliance
- Unlike a toaster, toaster ovens don’t last for long and may require frequent maintenance repairs
Should I Buy a Toaster or Toaster Oven?
If you’re looking for something to get your bread slices all brown and crispy in the mornings, just get your hands on a decent quality toaster. There’s no need to spend any more amount. Plus, a small toaster will take up less space than a toaster oven.
If you’re looking to make a more versatile investment, you can buy a toaster oven. Not only will you be able to toast bread slices but you’ll also be able to bake your go-to desserts and cook your quick midnight snacks in it.
The Takeaway: Which One is Better?
If you’ve got money and some extra counter space, we suggest getting a toaster oven. It’s definitely the better choice because it’s a versatile appliance. Make sure you go through a few customer reviews before making your purchase.